Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Prayers of the Persecuted

Persecution is a word that doesn’t carry the weight behind it in Western Cultures as it does in the Eastern ones.  But, undoubtedly, if you are a Christian, you know what it means to be persecuted.  John 5 tells us that if we are a disciple of Christ, we will be persecuted.  Be it physical, verbal, or emotional persecution; persecution is bound to come.  The question that I want to answer is, “How do I respond to those who persecute me?”  Romans 12:14 says to bless those who persecute you, bless and do not curse them.  That is a tough response to someone doing you harm, oppressing you unjustly.  What does blessing them mean?  How do I go about blessing them, and how does Scripture guide me through times of persecution?  To learn more listen here.

http://www.midtownchurchfl.org/prayers-for-the-persecuted-mtc160/