Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Feeling Defeated Before the Sun Comes up


Have you ever woken up in the morning and guilt has over taken you?  Sometimes it is due to sin the previous day that was not dealt with, sometimes due to complete exhaustion breaking down that hard spiritual coating we wear on the outside, or that guilt can be related to some dreams you had during the night.
Those feelings of guilt can defeat us before the day even begins, that is, if we give them control over us.  For me, if I wake up in guilt and don’t deal with it immediately, I am prone to drift down that guilty path and commit the very sin my conscience already condemns me for.

Lamentations 3:22-24 says, The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.”

Guilt can rid you of all hope if not dealt with according to the mercies of God.  The truth is, you may feel guilty, but the Lord’s steadfast love never ends, and his mercies (his forgiveness) are new every morning.  Now all you need to do is hope in Him.  Focus on his mercies, not your guilt.  Let him know what you are struggling with and then choose to embrace his promise to forgive you.