Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

God Answers


Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.

The first part of that verse can be hard to believe at times.  Will God really answer us? Does He listen to the outpouring of our hearts and respond to them, all of them?  Sometimes I'll call a friend up and that friend has a chose to answer my phone call or not.  Sometimes he is too busy to answer and other times he sees its me and lets it go to voice mail.  But, God, will you really answer every time?

In Jeremiah 33, The Lord promises to rebuild Judah to its former glory.  But the state Judah was in at the time was a complete wreck.  Their houses were destroyed, health was failing, and the economy shot.  Basically, they were at rock bottom as a nation.  In this chapter God promises, in the midst of their pain, to restore them.  But there is one thing you need to remember, God did not answer them from a megaphone.  God did not tell them that he would restore them to health and prosperity through a message in the clouds, rather, he answered them through the prophet Jeremiah.

Take a guess as to where Jeremiah was when he heard God's voice?  That's right, locked up.  The nation of Judah didn't want to hear what Jeremiah had to say, they wanted to hear what God had to say.  The problem was, God was speaking to them through Jeremiah.

You see, God was answering them, but they missed his voice by silencing the one thing they had in which God was using to talk to them, a prophet.

In my life, I often times miss God's voice through the simple answers found in His word, in fellowship with other believers, at my church, or in my spirit because I want to God to answer me in a miraculous way.  Next time you are on your knees praying to God, expect Him to answer. But listen keenly for Him in the often missed areas stated above - and start by opening His Word, the Bible.